Demolition and Ranting Online  

Go Back   Demolition and Ranting Online > General Talk > F.A.N. Section

F.A.N. Section For Anyone Nifty - Post fan submissions here

Old 02-19-2006, 01:38 PM   #1
Odin
The Insomniac of dRO

Odin is on a distinguished road
Default †he Immor†als: A FAN Thingie

I kind of wrote this back when I actually wrote....on occasion....it's more emotion/storyline intensive then some of the stories around here, and not so much action-oriented, but there are action scenes. And bear with me if I don't update so often, it's only half-finished as it is.

Chapter 1: Paradise Lost

I don't know how long I've been standing here on this bluff, its fingers of stone stretching towards the sun like a jealous matron towards her husbands trove. As near as I can tell, it has been quite some time. That golden ball of flame, once high in the heavens, is now drifting behind the waves, the sapphire sky shot through with orange and red. Quite beautiful, really. I wish I could lose myself in that great expanse, fall into that medley of color and drift away to a happier place. Instead I am anchored here, instead I am set adrift in memories awash with pain and battle, filled with blood and the deaths of comrades beloved. I can still hear their screams.
My name is Odin. Or at least, that's the name I've been known by for the past 200 years or so. It has been so long that I fear my real name will fade into the depths of antiquity even to me and mine. I was once a common man. I once lived my life unknown to the world, yet another faceless form in a teeming sea of mankind. Mankind. The word almost sickens me now. Spawn of a degenerate god's mind. Reproducing world-ending harlots. They've never respected what they've had. Perhaps that's what made me start this absurd quest, and push on despite all I have lost. Clon, n00b, Sushi. Their names haunt me as ghostly specters in the half-sane mind of an Immortal. Perhaps less than half-sane. Inane thoughts have filled my mind these past ten years.
Perhaps it would be better just to end this charade. Merely a few steps forward. MY toes grip the edge of this rock, sparse grass crisping about my feet. A pebble dislodges and tumbles to the white crested waves below. So easy just to take that last step and fall like the fulfilled pebble into that water. So easy. My muscles bunch, shifting cracked and scarred armor in response to my movement. One...step...

--------------------
Immortality will come to such as are fit for it.
--------------------
~Father of the Gods~

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron
Haha :3 It's all good. you can no doubt take off some monsters HP with your quick wit and sarcasm
Odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:56 PM   #2
zovanget
Follower of Spike

zovanget is on a distinguished road

two thumbs up Odin
Old 02-19-2006, 03:09 PM   #3
Odin
The Insomniac of dRO

Thanks Zov ^^.

Chapter 1: Paradise Lost (continued)

"Odin!" A sharp voice, strident, cuts across my ears. The voice seems used to giving orders, carrying an easy authority in its quality, regardless of timbre. No matter. No one, Immortal or mortal, commands me.
I prepare to take that fateful step once more, eyes clouding in memory. "Odin." The voice, softer this time, calls me again. A familiar hand, strong and scarred, grasps my shoulder and breaks me from my reverie.
Shaking my head as if waking from a dream, I step back from the edge of what was, indeed, my death. Stumbling like a blind man, I make my way to a nearby stump, recently cut on the edge of this god forsaken forest. I ease myself down slowly, suddenly aware of how close I had come to damning myself. Breathing softly, I look up to give a face to the voice that had saved me.
Zeus has been by my side every day for the past hundred years. His presence is calming, strengthening. My eyes crisscross his form, reliving battles won and lost in each stitch of his use-worn cloak, remembering quests begun and ended in each scar. He is less muscled than I, but no less imposing for it, the result of a thousand campaigns against a thousand foes. Such a pair we make, a servant of the defeated gods and a slayer of them. A monk and a rogue. Sometimes I wonder how he has maintained his faith this long amid the strife of this past century. Will, I suppose. I once believed in the power of the Gods....before I slew one and stole his immortal soul. Again I drift from the present into the past. It has become a habit of late. With an effort I bring myself back to what he is telling me.

--------------------
--------------------
~Father of the Gods~

Quote:
Haha :3 It's all good. you can no doubt take off some monsters HP with your quick wit and sarcasm

Last edited by Odin; 02-19-2006 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:04 PM   #4
Saeki
Novice of Pepp Corps

Saeki is on a distinguished road

Nice! :3 I really like it. ^^ I'm looking forward to more~

Immies <3.

A smile isn't the result of good things;
If you smile, and believe that good things will happen,
That's a preface to good things happening.
Mr. Children - Paddle
Saeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 06:03 PM   #5
Odin
The Insomniac of dRO

Chapter 1: Paradise Lost (continued)

"We have searched the valley and this accursed forest around it. There is no sign of her, my friend, and we cannot afford to send any more scouts to look. I am afraid she is lost." His voice betrays no emotion, but his green eyes beneath his stock of lavender hair reveal to me that he is indeed sorry. The one they search for is, of course, my wife, Destiny. After our last battle with the dogs of the Royal Guard of Prontera, she disappeared. I saw her go down beneath a hail of arrows, but I was too pressed to come to her aid. Such seems to be a pattern in my life. Zeus sits down beside me, to comfort me perhaps.
"It is not your fault, old friend. There was nothing you could have done." Nothing. At least not now. Once upon a time I could have brought the heavens down to kiss the dust. But a gods power relies on faith, and there is none left in this hell the world has become. "So many lost," I reply. "Is it truly worth it? Is all that we hope to accomplish worth the deaths of so many? We have lost so many friends in this conflict..." Their screams echo in my head. His eyes are clouded as he thinks of a response. So long together, we can read the hidden meaning in every word, the truth in every motion.
"They died knowing that their sacrifice would help us to victory." I snort, scoffing at such a notion, but he is serious. "Listen to me. Our quest, our mission, is one that can be no less important than the fate of our people. You have been fighting this battle for far too long to turn back now." He is right, of course. If we do not win this war, our people will fade into nothingness.

--------------------
--------------------
~Father of the Gods~

Quote:

Last edited by Odin; 02-19-2006 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:00 PM   #6
Rathma
Aco of Pepp Corps

Rathma is on a distinguished road

nice man...
despite the fact im not in it yet *pout* no im kidding i dont mind really...
this is quite good though....you just need to make it longer per post....(hates cliffhangers)

but the first one was an awsome intro /no1 good job loooking forward

Striking Wolf, Kiss of the Dragon, Student of Thug
Rathma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 08:58 PM   #7
Odin
The Insomniac of dRO

I hate uber-long posts, and this is sort of like a thought pattern more than anything else.

Chapter 1: Paradise Lost (conclusion)

My spirit rises a bit as I bring to mind our goal. The Heart of Ymir. Used by the Allfather long ago as part of his creation of the realm of Midgard, its location has been a complete mystery....but nothing can stay hidden forever. An assassin I had sent to Yuno had come back with news of a power source that kept the city aloft....and I knew immediately what it was. I remember the first time it was used, then. How the Sage who had harnessed it was transformed, uplifted, becoming something more than mere mortal. I remember ripping out his throat, and how my dagger gleamed in the fading light of his eyes as I tore his soul from his body.
That soul has become as much a part of me as my own is, the two melding into one form as easily as does any liquid. It kept me moving these past years, and it gives me what power is left to me, not much by any means, but enough. I shudder as more memories run through my head, but I push them into the dark recesses of my mind and look to Zeus. "What news of The Faithless?" The monk, his face normally expressionless, looks a bit uneasy as he turns away from me. "They are on the move. Turelus is gathering his forces for a frontal attack as soon as he can deduce our location. It's.....it's the biggest force I've seen yet. He outnumbers us three to one." I grin slightly at his obvious discomfort with that assessment. "We've been in tougher spots before." "True, but never against such an implacable enemy."
His words are startling, and I raise an eyebrow in surprise. "You're scared." "....no. But neither am I overconfident. That's your neck of the woods." I laugh at that, my gloomy mood forgotten. "A true statement indeed. Is there any other news?" His eyes widen, and his mouth twists into a half grin. Yet another display of emotion...how odd for one conversation. "Oh, indeed. There are rumors of a fierce hunter striking down minions of the Royal Guard in the eastern forest, near Prontera." I frown, and wait for him to continue. "He was wearing a tuxedo."
"....Wave."

--------------------
--------------------
~Father of the Gods~

Quote:

Last edited by Odin; 02-19-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:08 PM   #8
zovanget
Follower of Spike

So wait does Wave play RO now. Could wave be Kurz? We seriously need to do introductions on the forums because I dont know who anybody is anymore.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:15 PM   #9
Odin
The Insomniac of dRO

Wave is Kurz, yes :P.

--------------------
--------------------
~Father of the Gods~

Quote:
Old 02-19-2006, 11:03 PM   #10
zovanget
Follower of Spike

wow I actualy guessed it...I'm pretty proud of myself. I think I heard someone say it before and I put it in the back of my head
Old 02-20-2006, 08:18 AM   #11
Zeus
Knight of Cid Corps

Zeus is on a distinguished road

ah, nice, even I didn't know you wrote all this.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:41 AM   #12
das_phule
The Ancient One of DRO

das_phule is on a distinguished road

So far it's pretty good. I can almost picture how everything would look if it were it were put on film. Keep this up and I might have to make a movie out of it.
das_phule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:47 PM   #13
Rathma
Aco of Pepp Corps

Rathma is on a distinguished road

lalala......
hmmm....
bored is this one.....
this one needs internet fixed to play.....
FEAR MY BORDOM.....

(translation: go go odin, lol and im bored.....)

Striking Wolf, Kiss of the Dragon, Student of Thug
Rathma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:16 AM   #14
Odin
The Insomniac of dRO

I'm actually writing a newer (better maybe?) one now....

...I'm debating whether to put it here or on the Immy forums I'm making :\.

--------------------
--------------------
~Father of the Gods~

Quote:
Old 05-15-2006, 08:25 AM   #15
das_phule
The Ancient One of DRO

das_phule is on a distinguished road

Put it on both. I'm sure everyone here would love to read it.
das_phule is offline   Reply With Quote