Demolition and Ranting Online  

Go Back   Demolition and Ranting Online > General Talk > F.A.N. Section

F.A.N. Section For Anyone Nifty - Post fan submissions here

Old 01-06-2006, 10:46 PM   #1
Cid Highwind
Priest(ess) of Pepp Corps

Cid Highwind will become famous soon enough
Default Restless Dreams

He sat quietly in the center of Prontera City, gazing up at the pitch black sky in pain, his green
armor scraping with every little move he made. He liked this city a lot, he always came here
when things were troubling him and it seems things were troubling him once more.

After a long painful silence he let his Gaze drop back to the now closed shops of Prontera.
With a dry voice he whispered " Prontera...You've never let yer glory be taken away from you "
He looked at himself in disgust, pounding his fist against the large white fence he leaned on.
" How could I ever let it come this far? People don't remember me for who I am...My glory has
been taken away "

He looked at Prontera's Lazrigees Castle Flag that once carried the proud emblem of the
Crimson Elite, which now carried the strong emblem of Dynasty of VP. A chilling wind started
blowing from the northeast, the wind of Lutie it was called.
Again he pounded his fist against the fence, but this time the fence collapsed at the force of the blow,
nearly tripping himself over the falling fence.
He held his balance and started cursing at the now collapsed fence, realising how futile his cursing
was he grabbed his poll axe and shield which leaned against the side wall of a shop and walked
over to the proud Lazrigees flag. He looked at his own guild emblem he carried with him as a chain
which showed the honorable emblem of The Forgotten Elites.
" Forgotten Elites...I'm a forgotten leader alright..." he looked at the guild flag more determined now.
" Mark my words leader of Dynasty of VP... I will claim this castle back, for the honor of everyone
that fought bravely for this castle, everyone that died defending it..... Even if I have to try it alone,
I will succeed " His voice sounding shaky and full of rage.

He calmed down after carefully thinking about his own words, then turned his back to the guild flag,
turned for one last look and whispered with fires burning in his eyes " This is my legacy ".
With that said, he walked back to the Prontera Inn, payed the lady some zeny and walked up
the stairs, crashing into the soft and clean bed.
He layed his shield and poll axe in the corner next to his bed and sat on the edge of the bed, thinking.
He scratched his unshaven chin and lit his cigarette while trying to get his tight boots off.
He was wrestling with it for a few minutes, he almost got them off when he heard a knock on the door.
"Sir?" *knockknock* "Sir?" came in a supressed voice from behind the large wooden door.

"Didn't I say yer not supposed to be bothering me?" the lord knight said with a strict voice.
The womanly voice from behind the door hesitated for a few seconds, then determined as she was
she spoke again "Sir, you're not supposed to smoke in this Inn, we've had several complaints already "
The Knight forced his boots off with a mighty pull and threw them against the large wooden door.
The woman let out a short and harsh scream. "Hold yer dress on lady, this is my last cigarette anyway "
Hearing that the woman decides to leave it at that and footsteps could be heard fading away from the door.

"Nev'r did I like the faces of these here people " the Lord Knight mumbled while he moved to a large chest.
He opened the chest and started going through all sorts of equipment and items, after a few seconds of
searching he fished out a Jewel Crown and put it on the desk that stood opposite of the bed.

He sat on a small wooden chair and blew the last smoke out of his cigarette, he scratched his chin again,
pulled his head back and closed his eyes thinking. " I remember that day my friend, that most important day
in Lazrigees " he started pushing his weight off from the desk while hobbling on one foot of the chair.
" You fought so bravely by my side, but yer defeat by Zero harmed you deeply " his head now pulled
back even more now, staring at the Chandelier. " Turelus, you should never have left my side, there was
no shame in yer defeat, you fought with honor. You said you weren't worth to be guild leader any longer
and you disbanded The Faithless and threw yer crown in Aldebaran River, luckily I had an idea ye might've
done that, so after you left I spotted yer crown and took it with me, no one else deserves that crown more
then you Turelus "
So deep in his memories he almost fell on his back after leaning back too far but grabbed hold of the desk
in time, he almost blurted out in a laughter but then remembered what he had to do the next day.
He had to go and find out about all the guild standings "hmpfh, better find some info from my two sons, i've
been away for too long, im sure them two hardheads already heard about my arrival "
Mumbling that, he was ready to get some sleep, when he heard familiar voices calling from outside the inn.

The calling was heard more louder, "Cid" came a womanly voice. Cid started walking to the window, ready
to throw anything he could get his hands on to the person disturbing his sleep, then he heard an even more
familiar voice " hey old man, heard about yer arrival ". Cid reached the window and opened it to see who was
standing outside.
As he expected he saw his son Lion standing just outside below the window, Lion, a swift and nimble Stalker
feared by even the strongest of Lord knights and Paladins for stripping them down until they become like mere
porings to him. Cid frowned and put up a slick smile "So, the deadly stalker has a womanly voice now "
" Shut yer trap old man, ye know very well it wasn't me calling yer name " Lion spoke in a defensive tone.
" Ye, hehe, I know very well who it was, deadly beauty has a name after all " Cid laughed.
Hearing that a quick shadow came out from under the dark of night and showed herself, Yusher, the most
deadly assassin cross that has ever stalked these lands, Cid had always wondered how a Mercykilling
assassin cross can be showed in such a calm woman as Yusher, he always shook it off thinking it part
of her deception.
" Hey Cid " came Yusher's voice calm and clear. " M'am " Cid nodded.
" So come to see yer old man, Lion, heh, it's getting late and i'd rather hit the sack then talking to my
stubborn son, we'll talk tomorrow ". With that said Cid slammed the windows shut and moved back to his bed.

It always amazed Lion how stubborn and careless Cid seemed at times, while he knew very well that Cid has a
more kind heart then people might think.
Lion stared at the window for a few moments then turned back to Yusher with a serious look "Cid is back it seems,
things will really get tensed now with him on our side, I should inform Fury before we sleep ".
Yusher nodded and looked at the window for a quick moment then turned back to Lion who had already retreated into
the darkness. Yusher shook her head and chuckled, she saw a lot of Cid's stubborness in Lion too. Yusher expelled
the thought and moved away silently into the night.

Cid lay on the bed and drove all his thoughts about recent and past events out of his head, but one thought never
left his head ever since it happened, the deaths of some of the greatest members of Crimson Elite, the deaths that were
his to blame, he pushed them too far into the defense, they were willing to die for him, and they did. Cid would never
forgive himself for this action, it is one of the main reasons why he seems more cold to others.
He never slept peacefully ever since that horrifying event. The nights were heavy for Cid, and this one was no less.
Eventually he did fall asleep....

I Have Both Technique and Power - Hitomi

Join me at Dead or Alive 4 Online
Gamertag: Marco W

I am pwned by Peppage
Cid Highwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:48 PM   #2
Cid Highwind

Default A Wounded War

The next morning Cid woke up in one of his grumpy moods, he stepped out of his bed, slowly
moved his way to the window and opened them. He lit another cigarette and looked out his window.
What a glorious sight the city of Prontera was to him, in the far north he could even see the tremendous
castles rising even above the great city itself.
Cid puffed some smoke out as he saw young swordies and acolytes happily running towards their destiny
as either Knight, Crusader or Priest. " Pity for yer pure hearts " he mumbled under his breath.
" Soon ye will be recruited by some guild and be asked or even forced into one of their guildwars,
the guild wars are harsh on ye if ye don't watch yer back ". Cid shook his head as he saw one of the
acolytes being chased around by a zombie from prontera church, he walked over to the chair and sat to
get his boots back on.

A knock on the large wooden door could be heard a few seconds after he sat down.
Cid puffed "Damnit woman, ye better not be askin' me the same damn question as last night again! "
" Is this how you treat women nowadays Cid? " the response came in a sly tone.
Cid scratched his head and opened the door to see Yusher standing there tapping her foot on the ground
showing her disapproval of Cid's scolding. Cid responded by nearly choking on his own cigarette.
" My apologies, Yusher, I thought ye were someone else " Cid said in a calmed voice.
Yusher raised her eyebrow knowing the sight of Cid apologising was rare indeed, not wanting to make it
too hard for Cid she responded " Fury has been notified of your arrival Cid, he wants to meet you at
Aldebaran Inn this afternoon ". Cid nodded but mumbled some small complaints under his breath.
Yusher happening to hear it was curious " You have something against this meeting Cid? " she
asked. Cid looked to Yusher " Just takes some time to travel there " he responded with a sigh.
" I hardly think the great Cid will have trouble traveling a bit " Yusher added with a sly wink.
" Great Cid..." Cid repeated, he looked away from Yusher with pain in his eyes thinking back of that horrible
day, then grabbed his shield and poll axe and looked back at Yusher " I'd best be going, Ye know I can't
keep up with the quick footsteps of an assassin cross " he smiled. Yusher shook her head in disbelief.
" Cid.. just buy a peco from the peco dealer here in Prontera ". Cid couldnt hold his laughter " Ain't got
the money " he laughed. Yusher bursted out in laughter and pet him on the back " Let me buy you one ".
" Nay, i'd best be handling myself Yusher, Ye know I have my honor to keep then letting a woman pay fer me "
Cid left it at that and walked downstairs to get some good breakfast, Yusher followed and decided to get
something to eat for the journey as well and sat next to Cid who was already happily eating away.

After the good meal the two decided to start their journey to the mystic city of Aldebaran, famous for it's
mysterious clock tower. Cid looked at Yusher " You remember the clock tower right " he asked with a smile.
" How could I forget, the place with the funny witches " Yusher answered happily and flashed some Keys
that unlocked deep and dangerous levels of the clock tower. They started walking up north away from Prontera.
Yusher looked at Cid and asked " Where are your clocktower keys, Cid? " she stared at Cid curious.
" Well..." Cid shifted his eyes for a moment " Let's just say I sold them for transportation money ".
Yusher shook her head laughing and they walked on past the great castles of Prontera.
Yusher could notice Cid flinching when they walked passed Lazrigees and the banner of Dynasty of VP proudly
showing. She decided to not ask Cid about it and walked on.
They entered Prontera field and had a long way ahead of them before they could even see the great
city of Aldebaran.

He leaned against the cold dull grey wall of the huge, almost empty castle, his red cape gliding along the
wall whenever he shifted shoulder sides to lean against the wall. A young but strong paladin he was, one of
the most loyal members a guild leader could have, and skilled in both combat and tactics. He looked
around the castle's main hall expecting someone to show up at any time. "They always let me wait " he
said with a sigh. The young paladin started walking around the main hall kicking a loose stone along with him.
A few minutes later he heard rapid footsteps coming from the entrance of the main hall, he immediately
jumped into a proper pose and stood perfectly still while he saw the high priest walk by.
The high priest moved passed the young warrior in quick but short steps and gave him a nod, as in
to keep holding his position until further news. He saw the high priest disappear into the throne room
and sighed again. A bit more then an hour passed until the high priest walked out of the throne room,
this time stopping in front of the young warrior and letting his gaze lock on the throne room entrance
" It is time Eloron, Zero wants to speak to you " the high priest spoke calmly, his voice echo-ing in the great
hall. Eloron let out a relief sigh " Thank you Karu, I will meet him then " he said. Eloron started walking to
the throne room but was grabbed and held back by Karu who gave him a serious look " You know that we
can't afford to make mistakes, you know we expect a lot from you, even in this hard situation " Karu said
in a serious tone. " Yes...I know Karu " Eloron answered in a quiet tone while lowering his head gazing
to the floor. " Good then " Karu released his grip on Eloron and walked out of the main hall of the castle.
Eloron watched Karu disappear and shook his troubled head, he had heard about the arrival of his father.
He was happy at first, but knew this would bring trouble to him and his guild, even bring some doubts.
Eloron wanted to visit his father, talk to him and see how he was doing, but Eloron was also very loyal
to his guild and leader and knew he couldn't be allowed to at this point when war was rising.

Eloron shook off his thoughts and walked over to the the throne room, stopped for a second, took
a deep breath and entered the throne room.

Zero was waiting patiently, a mature paladin famous throughout all the world for his expert leader skills
and supreme battle skills. He saw Eloron enter and kneel before him. " Rise Eloron " Zero said with
a powerful but in control voice that could be heard even from outside the throne room. Eloron rised
awaiting briefing.
" I have heard about your father Eloron, we both know what he wants and that he will not change his
mind " Zero stated with a serious look in his eyes.
Eloron shifted uncomfortably wanting to say something, but he knew Zero was right.
A short silence took over, then Zero continued " I know your loyalty to the guild Eloron, I have no
fear of you betraying us, you have showed your loyalty long ago already, I just want you to know
that these will be hard times for you, are you up for the challenge? " Zero asked with a curious tone.
".....Yes...Yes I am, I will do my best Zero " Eloron answered full of determination.
" As I expected from you Eloron " Zero said with a comfortable tone " You may try to find your
father, if you can find him..but...don't expect too much out of it and be careful with what you say.
I want you back here as soon as possible, troubled times are upon us. That is all for now Eloron,
you may be excused " Zero said with a confirming nod.
Eloron nodded back, bowed and left the throne room, he thought about visiting his father.
Perhaps...it was time for a visit.

I am pwned by Peppage

Last edited by Cid Highwind; 01-06-2006 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:59 PM   #3
Eloron
Mage of Term Corps

Eloron is on a distinguished road

nice start...dad....now, onto the topic............................
I DEMAND MORE OF THIS GOOD STUFF! >.>
Eloron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:02 PM   #4
yusher

yusher is on a distinguished road

I agree with elo. More more more!
yusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:13 PM   #5
Eloron
Mage of Term Corps

the more we get the better we feel, so type us more for every meal!

(beans beans revisioned by me) >.>
Old 01-07-2006, 12:42 AM   #6
Odin
The Insomniac of dRO

Odin is on a distinguished road

Ooooh....father/son conflict! Too bad Elo would lose in a fight with Cid. Heck, he even loses in a fight with me :rolleyes: .

Gogo more writing~

--------------------
Immortality will come to such as are fit for it.
--------------------
~Father of the Gods~

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron
Haha :3 It's all good. you can no doubt take off some monsters HP with your quick wit and sarcasm
Odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:09 AM   #7
Eloron
Mage of Term Corps

i was nude! =(
Old 01-07-2006, 01:42 AM   #8
Odin
The Insomniac of dRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloron
i was nude! =(
Hehe, yeah, thanks to me . And then you were clothed.....in arrows. :rolleyes:

--------------------
--------------------
~Father of the Gods~

Quote:
Haha :3 It's all good. you can no doubt take off some monsters HP with your quick wit and sarcasm
Old 01-07-2006, 01:54 AM   #9
Kush
Novice of Spike Corps

Kush is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin
Hehe, yeah, thanks to me . And then you were clothed.....in arrows. :rolleyes:
bleh rogues werent meant to have bows ><
Old 01-07-2006, 02:00 AM   #10
Odin
The Insomniac of dRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush
bleh rogues werent meant to have bows ><
Or falcons. Or absurd detection-avoiding-skills. But look at that, I have all three.

--------------------
--------------------
~Father of the Gods~

Quote:
Old 01-07-2006, 02:52 AM   #11
Eloron
Mage of Term Corps

cause ur a different type of rogue -_-'. U also clothed me with dagger stabs....u damn bastard
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :Oo:
Old 01-07-2006, 02:58 AM   #12
Odin
The Insomniac of dRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloron
cause ur a different type of rogue -_-'. U also clothed me with dagger stabs....u damn bastard
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :Oo:
Ahehehehehehe! Sleep, Elo, sleeeeeep.

--------------------
--------------------
~Father of the Gods~

Quote:
Old 01-07-2006, 02:59 AM   #13
Eloron
Mage of Term Corps

shut up ninja! (sorry for cid's thread goign off topic)

anywho i want more can't want another...day xD
Old 01-07-2006, 05:43 AM   #14
skyy
Ultra n00b!

skyy is on a distinguished road

HEY HEY HEY if rogues werent meant to hav bows den wth are poriings doin with wings? HUH HUH!!!
man own ed by odin...IM ASHAMED OF U ELORON!!!!
skyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:35 AM   #15
Cid Highwind

Default Memories, a blessing or a curse

If there is something that makes you open your eyes in amazement it must be the fields of Prontera.

Beautiful outstredged fields with a warm wind gently blowing over the grasslands, clear and clean
blue streams of water calmly going through the green carpetland, the scent of blossoms and flowers
everywhere, large bushes scattered across the wide open fields.
Porings, Lunatics, Fabres and Creamy's are happily hobbling their way across the field.
Porings searching for small plants, jelopies and other small things to swallow.
Creamy's are popping out of their warm Pupa shelter and finally become majestic and beautiful looking
butterflies.

Somewhere in these large Prontera fields two people walked their way through it.
Watching these very familiar fields made Cid think back to his old times.
The days when he was still a novice happily running around Izlude fields in hope of becoming
strong like his hero's back then.
He remembered partying up with a novice he met just outside of Izlude, his name was Gandalf.
They became friends fast, and decided to team up and hoped to join a strong guild together one day.
Gandalf was a very wise novice even from his starting days, he talked about how he wanted to become
a very powerful wizard. Cid and Gandalf trained together as novices, in the Izlude fields.
Gandalf always let Cid be the one getting hit, until he knew he could finish off his opponent.
Cid didn't mind because he could take hits quite well for a novice.

While Cid and Yusher walked, Yusher noticed Cid looking at specific spots of the fields with a smile on
his face, like he was thinking back of something. Yusher decided to let Cid have his moment of peace.

Cid thought back even more.
When Cid finally passed the Swordman test and became a proud Swordman, Gandalf was already
waiting for him outside of the Swordman Guild, already a Magician.
A slick smile came on Gandalf's face " Took you long enough Cid, I passed the Magician test hours
ago and I was getting bored waiting for you here ".
Cid didn't even hear Gandalf's mocking, he finally became a swordman, so proud of his accomplishment
he was.
" So.. " Gandalf said while putting his large book away. " On to the shops now to get you a sword and
master it? " Gandalf said as in to order Cid around with his wisdom rather then give him a choice.
Cid jumped up and rushed to the equipment shop of Izlude, he didn't even hear the two swordmen
outside of the Swordman Guild bickering about what was better, Bash or Magnum Break.
Gandalf quickly got up on his feet and ran to follow Cid to the equipment shop.
Gandalf noticed that Cid had already bought his first sword and with a big smirk on his face
Cid started testing out his new sword.
Cid grabbed Gandalf by his muffler and dragged him out of the shop, out of Izlude Town and into
the fields of Izlude, testing out his new weapon on the poor porings, lunatics and fabre's.
Gandalf whacked a few times with his almost broken wooden staff he happened to steal from a sleeping
Drops, but after a few kills Gandalf started to master the skills of magic and was happily fire bolting away
at the unfortunate fabre's and lunatics.
Cid started slashing away at every monster in sight, but something felt wrong to him.
His weapon wasn't exactly what he expected it to be, it was too weak, he couldn't fully force his power
into this short weapon. Gandalf noticed Cid's depleading smile and decided to guide Cid to the Prontera
shops, which allowed more choice of weaponry.

A few days later Cid and Gandalf arrived at Prontera City, this was their first visit here.
Gandalf read a lot about this city and still was suprised at the sight of the great city, but no
one had as much admire for this city as Cid did, his jaw dropped open at the sight of the walls and
huge castles, he started running around exploring every corner of the city. Gandalf just shook his
head and sat down on a bench in the center of the city waiting for Cid to come back.
Cid came back after some amount of time and Gandalf knew the question he was gonna ask.
" Yes Cid, the item shop is over there, go in and pick your sword now and come back here when you're
done " Gandalf said while waving his hand in the direction of the Shop.
Cid came into the weapon shop and looked around, tested various weapons and enjoyed his time
testing them all out.

A few hours passed until Cid actually came out of the shop, first Gandalf was relieved that he finally
picked out his sword, but Gandalf's relief changed into pure dread when he saw the young swordman
hobbling out, barely holding his footing with a huge spear being held by him.
Gandalf came running up at Cid and started yelling " You can't do this Cid, this is pure insanity! "
" No swordman tries to master a spear at this young age, you are a swordman, not a spearman! "
Gandalf's eyes were opened all the way and he started waving his hands around trying to talk some
sense into Cid. " Swordmen don't master spears, they master swords, only when you're a knight you
can think about mastering a spear weapon! "
Cid didn't even hear Gandalf, he was so amazed by his new weapon, he knew this was the right weapon
for him, a large weapon where he could force all his power into.

A few days passed until Cid fully learned how to use his spear, Gandalf and Cid went out into the fields
of Prontera to train and test their skills and power.
Gandalf so caught up by his spellcasting didn't notice the Creamy getting in the way of his new target.
2 Fire bolts hit the Creamy with tremendous force sending the Creamy into a fury the Magician had never
seen before. Cid heard the screams of a panicking Gandalf and turned around to look.
He saw Gandalf running away with all his might with a horrific look on his face.
Cid rushed in and bashed with his spear into the Creamy with all his might.
Gandalf, knowing the tables turned, turned around and instantly casted out a Fire ball, but Gandalf
turned around too fast and didn't have time to lock on to the Creamy precisely.
The fire ball went flying over Cid's head, passed the creamy and hit a large tree with a huge blow.
Cid so intense in his battle with the Creamy, didn't notice the tree starting to crack and fall.
The tree fell right in Cid's way who just in time saw the tree and held his hands up to try and soften
the impact of the blow.
The tree fell down on Cid who was lying on the ground with a tree on top of him.
Another Fire ball came flying, this time hitting the Creamy fully and killing it.
Cid looked with a confused face, wondering how this tree got on top of him, he noticed burn marks
on the tree, then looked at Gandalf who just casted a fire ball at the creamy.
Cid heated up and bursted into a frenzy " Gandalf ,you &#@%*#@$@!! "
Gandalf decided to wait rescueing Cid until he had calmed down.

Yusher noticed Cid looking at an old log from a tree which somehow had burn marks on it and fell over.
Cid was smiling even more now, then noticed Yusher looking at him and reminded himself of the more
serious matter at hand.

They walked on but Cid thought back of another event in the past, this event much more familiar and
horrifying to him.
He thought back of the Lazrigees attack, in a flash he saw how Gandalf got struck by a Knight's sword
and fell to the ground, dead..
" Gandalf...." Cid whispered to himself.
Yusher hearing this, frowned and looked at Cid, she had heard great tales about Gandalf, she also
heard that he died defending Lazrigees.
" Are you ok, Cid...? " Yusher asked while looking concerned at Cid.
Cid straightened and looked back at Yusher " Ye, i'm fine, just...memories "
Cid looked away and quickened his pace " Come, we must hurry, we're almost there "
Yusher decided to not try and push Cid into talking and nodded, she looked ahead and could already
see the great city of Aldebaran.
" Fury will be waiting at the inn " Yusher said with a determined look on her face.
" Good then, lets see what that moneybag has to say then " Cid grinned.
Yusher laughed " Better not tell Fury you said that, or maybe I should tell him? " she said with a sly wink.
" He should remember I used called him that " Cid answered with a smile.
They both walked into more rough fields now, with Aldebaran mere hours away they would soon be arriving.

I am pwned by Peppage