Demolition and Ranting Online  

Go Back   Demolition and Ranting Online > General Talk > F.A.N. Section

F.A.N. Section For Anyone Nifty - Post fan submissions here

Old 04-12-2006, 06:03 AM   #16
Rahab
Master Hunter Tesumi

Rahab is on a distinguished road

actually i was thinking of re writing it and having this deleted, although thats mainly to change the title..... i also want to fix some mistakes in a new re-write.

For who would lose, Though full of pain.
This interlectual being, Those thoughts that wander through eternity.
To perish rather, Swallowed up and lost.
In the wide womb of uncreated night

dRO
95/50 Hunter Rahab Tesumi

AndzRO
83/50 Crusader Rahab Tesumi
Rahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 07:01 PM   #17
Rahab
Master Hunter Tesumi

‘A friend had mentioned Amatsu as a good place to get rare items, so I thought I would check it out, it took me a while to get a pass though. What about you?’
Rahab put the bottle of toad skins into his backpack and answered ‘well I still needed a few more items for the hunter quest, that’s why I’m collecting these skins. Now all I need is some pearls, if I remember correctly I can get them from the myst cases at Lutie.’
‘So is that where you’re headed next? I always wanted to go to Lutie myself but I can never find the time.’
Rahab looked at her for a while before replying ‘well I’m not in a rush to get there, but would you like to join me on my trip? It would be nice to have some company.’
She thought about the offer ‘well ok then, after this Amatsu trip then? But wait you don’t know my name do you? I’m Luna.’
‘Nice to meet you then Luna, so after a few days here we’ll head to Lutie. Great!’
And so the two headed to Amatsu’s dungeon entrance, and after destroying a few of the undead firelocks inside the sun began to set over the fields and the pair went back to the inn. The next few days they continued to explore Amatsu and the surrounding countryside, watching the cherry blossoms fall over the lakes and drift towards the edges. Dispatching monsters that threatened townsfolk and adventurers alike.
After a while the two decided to head back to Amatsu, gathering their belongings and boarding the boat headed to Alberta. As it left the shores Rahab stared at the town, watching the cherry trees swaying in the gentle breeze and the flags on the palace wavering to the wind. He wished to stay there with Luna for longer to have fun, but knew that he had planned to complete the hunter quest and would have to travel on.
‘What are you doing?’ asked Luna from behind him, ‘when I’ve become a hunter’ he replied ‘do you think we could return here to Amatsu, it’s been so much fun.’
‘Of course, I had fun too, and it’s so beautiful here I want to see it again.’
‘It’s almost like looking at a dream.’ He whispered to himself before heading below deck.
As they disembarked at Alberta Rahab did not expect to see a friend of his waiting by an empty stall. ‘So where have you been, you’ve missed so many emperium wars some though you had died, but we can work without you it seems.’ Sneered the rogue.
‘Well Aliencrash, I thought you could handle things without me for a few days, I have been a bit busy with the hunter quest you know. But I guess you know all about that right.’ Said Rahab trying to watch Aliencrash’s reaction under his sakkat. ‘Well’ he replied ‘I had heard which is why I’m here at the docks, I brought this apple of archer for you. Shoji managed to pick it up cheap from a shop and thought you could use it, also these Kafka passes are for you too. We heard you had planned to walk to Alde-Baran and so thought you could get there quicker with these, you can also get back quicker and help us in the next war, ok?’
‘Thanks Crash, these are gonna be so useful, but where did you get them from?’ asked Rahab plainly ‘well if you had been around’ said Crash changing his tone ‘you would know that we got a lot of loot from the castle we’ve taken, and it has really helped our funding.’
‘Well congrats to ya,’ said Rahab ‘maybe next time I’ll be able to participate. But I better start on my trip to Lutie.’
‘See you later then Rahab.’ Crash replied as he wandered away
‘Who was that?’ asked Luna as she stepped off of the boat ‘just a guildsman, he gave me some Kafka passes, so now we can get to Alde-Baran easily’
‘That’s great’ she said excitedly ‘I hate walking there, it’s just so far away. But with those we’ll get there in no time.’

well there ya go, i guess it fills in a few blanks for some of ya, but its off to lutie now ^^ also this may be the last post as i will open a new thread and have this one deleted. but maybe not ^^.

dRO

AndzRO
Old 04-18-2006, 08:59 PM   #18
Rahab
Master Hunter Tesumi

ok i thought i'd give the ending to this bit before opening the next chapter, try to enjoy this, i knew writing this bit would be....difficult.

After arriving in Alde-Baran Rahab and Luna went to see Santa’s helper, who could take them to Lutie. But he would only take them as far as the fields, so they both trekked through the snow past ice porings and sasquaches. As they walked over the next hill they saw the bright and colourful lights of the Christmas town. Welcomed by the sights and sounds they headed towards the town’s gates, but as Rahab approached he heard a great howl on the wind and felt as if he was being watched. On top of one of the snow drifts a great wolf made of ice stalked the adventurers, however it was being watched itself, and it only saw a brief shadow before being ripped apart by it's unknown assailant.
The splendours of the Christmas town left both in admiration, the fairy lights changing the colour of the snow giving it a magical appearance, the tree in the centre had been adorned with many trinkets some left by adventurers from ages past. The smells of chocolates and candies was carried on the wind and the sounds of laughter could be heard everywhere. They both headed to the end of town into the abandoned toy factory, as they entered a cookie was offering sweets to the porings and drops that had gathered. It spotted the adventurers, but instead of running away he approached them and offered Rahab some candy and Luna some cookies. As they enjoyed this treat the porings seemed to run from something approaching from the north of the factory, Luna drew her sword and Rahab readied an arrow as the creature approached. Bouncing up and down the myst case saw the adventures eating the cookie’s candy and cookies and became enraged, charging at the knight as best it could.
‘These things carry the pearls you need right?’ asked Luna as she moved to a defensive stance. ‘Yea, I'll release a volley of arrows first then we can finish it easily’ replied Rahab as he released two silver arrows into the side of the case, these seemed to do nothing to the monster and it continued towards them. As Rahab let another two arrows fly into the monster’s sides the cookie ran towards it with a piece of cake, offering it to the myst case to heal its wounds. ‘Now what do we do? We can’t kill the cookie after it gave us those gifts.’ Said Luna as she prepared for the myst case to reach her. ‘We’re gonna have to take the myst case down quickly then,’ answered Rahab ‘you’ll have to go on the offensive.’
I can do that!’ she yelled as she brought her sword down onto the lid of the creature, but instead of collapsing the lid sprang up revealing a fist knocking her back onto the floor. The case pulled its fist back into itself and released another punch sending Luna into a wall. ‘For that you shall pay!’ shouted Rahab releasing a hail of arrows onto the case, causing it to turn its attention towards the archer. Rahab continued to fire at the case as it approached, but the arrows didn’t even seem to slow it down, as Rahab reached into his quiver he could only find one arrow remaining. This arrow however was covered in a strange magic that caused it to rip into opponents, having no other choice he readied the arrow and pulled the string on his bow back with all his strength. As the case prepared to release its fist the arrow smashed into it, sending the case fly backwards in surprise but it had not fallen. It released its fist at the archer but he rolled to the side, where he had just been standing had been crushed by the myst case’s anger. Rahab ran towards where Luna was to escape but she was no longer there, as he looked round he met the gaze of the myst case and braced himself to get struck by its fist. This attack however never happened, for Luna had plunged her sword into the back of the myst case and sliced it in two. ‘Its ok now, you can open your eyes’ she smiled ‘and here’s that pearl you wanted, I guess we got lucky right. I do hope you didn’t think that I had been taken out by that?’
‘Sorry’ he smiled too ‘but I really thought that we were in danger then.’
‘Well we are both ok, that’s all that really matters. Here you can have the pearl, and this box here, I have more than enough boxes I don’t need that blue one.’
‘Thank you’ he said as he put the pearl in his backpack.
‘Maybe we should head out of this factory and into the inn,’ Luna said as she put her sword back in its sheath ‘it might be safer there’
As Luna walked out of the factory Rahab opened the blue box and found inside a rose carved from the ice, the light reflecting from its crystal like surface.
‘Are you coming to the inn or not?’ She shouted from the exit.
‘Wait there, I have something for you.’ he shouted back
‘Huh’ she turned in the snow ‘what is it?’
‘Would you like this as a gift?’ Rahab asked showing her the frozen rose
‘Wow, it’s so beautiful. I would love to have it! Thank you so much!’ she said excitedly and gave him a kiss on the cheek, Luna ran back to the inn as Rahab stood in the falling snow, not believing what had happened. ‘This place is like Amatsu, it all seems like a dream.’ He thought as he headed back to the inn. As he entered he looked round but Luna wasn’t there, after asking the inn maid if she had gone upstairs she told him she opened the door but then waited before shutting it again. ‘If she’s outside I better look, its getting could out there.’ He told the maid as he put his weaponry away. Rahab wandered out into the snow, the town seeming to have lost its cheer at night, the lights had become dull in the gathering snow and the wind had picked up. After a few minutes Rahab found footprints in the snow leading to a hill, as he ran up it he saw Luna. As he got closer he realised she was in the arms of someone. This person cloaked in shadows seemed to look into her eyes, the look on her face showing pure admiration yet she still held the rose in her hand. The snowflakes seemed to circle around the couple as though they were magically controlled, from the sleeve of the shadowy person came a blade glowing in the moonlight. The shadow shoved the blade into Luna’s side, her face changing to show the pain of the blade. The frozen rose fell from her hand to shatter on the snowy ground,
‘LUNA!’ Rahab shouted running through the snow towards the attacker, but the attacker faded away into the darkness, Rahab ran to Luna’s side and tried to help but the wound was too deep, her blood running over the white snow.
‘Hold on’ he whispered to her ‘you’ll be ok just hang on till I get you to the inn.’
‘It’s ok’ she spoke quietly ‘I’m glad that I got to see so many beautiful places, its hard to believe that my journey ends here but I’m happy there was someone here with me. I didn’t want to die alone, so I don’t have to worry about that at least.’
‘Don’t say that’ he replied as he tried to treat the wound ‘there are still places to see, and we still need to go back to Amatsu and….’
She quietened him ‘please, just leave me here. This is where I want to be, just stay with me ok?’ he nodded with tears falling down his face ‘I will be with you where ever you go, so you’ll have to return to Amatsu. But you won’t be alone, don’t chase the shadows like I did……..’
She fell silent lying in the snow, Rahab brushed the snow from her face and gathered the remnants of the shattered rose. He placed them in her hands and hugged her body crying. The next day Luna’s body was buried in Lutie, there was no joy or happiness that day, the sky was dark and the atmosphere was gone, one person stood alone in the snow staring at the grave. He cleared the snow from the grave and left the shattered rose there before heading off towards the darkness.

dRO

AndzRO