Demolition and Ranting Online  

Go Back   Demolition and Ranting Online > General Talk > F.A.N. Section

F.A.N. Section For Anyone Nifty - Post fan submissions here

Old 01-05-2006, 08:14 PM   #1
Rahab
Master Hunter Tesumi

Rahab is on a distinguished road
Default Broken Arrow

well after reading more and more of Turelus's work it made me want to do my own, i'm sure everyone on dRO has a little storyline about their character/s. so i could imagine a lot of stories popping up on here. but now its time for mine ^^. i had to resist the urge to put ^^ after every sentance, it was really hard ^^

Broken Arrow - Opening
He wandered into the town of Morroc from the south, covered in the signs of battle. His face hidden in the shadow of his hat. He moved through the centre of town only stopping to look into the ponds, without saying a word he headed to the north gate, traveling into the desert towards the city of Prontera. 'Why do I still do this?' he thought. ' None of my questions have been answered in this journey.' That was when he saw her, almost unconcious on the floor, a small condor about to deal the final blow. Within the second an arrow plunged itself into the creature, its body hitting the ground into a pool of blood.
'Are you ok?' asked the stranger.
'Wha, What happened! Where did that bird go' She uttered.
'Its ok' he said 'I dealt with it quicky. But are you ok?'
'Oh I'm fine' she lied 'no problem at all'
she struggled to get up, and fell straight back down, the stranger smirked ' Oviously you could do with a bit of food, take this.' He threw an apple over to her, she quickly replied
'I dont need you help, I can do fine on my own.' he turned his back and said quietly
'I'm sure that you can, but it doesnt mean you cant accept a gift, right?' She though about this for a bit, said her thanks and headed back towards the north gate of Morroc. the stranger smiled for a moment and continued across the desert, now refreshed by a chance encounter. 'Such a firery resolve, rare nowadays. If there are people like that still in this world I guess I'll still have to keep my eye on them.'
Apon spotting the great towers of Protera castle, he changed direction towards the smaller town of Izlude. Walking along the bridge he watched two people head out of the town, pulling out their weapons. One was a swordsman, his blade glinting in the mid-day sun. The other a young mage, her rod glowing of magical energies. He watched them travel into the fields and start killing a Creamy. The giant butterfly didnt stand a chance
against the magical fires and a strong sword. The two continued out towards Payon, a place the stranger had not been to in a long time. Just as he considered traveling to the forest town a voice called out to him from within Izlude. from out of the crowds of people a pointed green hat could be seen glimmering in the sunlight. 'Hey Rahab, where have you been,' how Shoji could always find someone in a crowd always seemed amazing to Rahab. 'You've been missing the guild wars here in Prontera. We've even managed to secure a castle as well. No one can withstand my powers ya know.' The shops of izlude had been open for a while so Rahab knew what to expect. 'So your here getting supplies for the next war are you?' Speaking through the others in the town, finally Shoji managed
to get through carrying a big sack full to bursting. 'Well.....' he replied ' Kinda.' Rahab knew what was in the bag now, 'What do you mean kinda?'
'You know' he remarked 'Not everything in the bag is for the battle.' Feeling glad he never let Shoji borrow any of his money for shopping, he quietly asked 'so did you see that cap here a few weeks ago, nice wasnt it.' Shoji replied quickly ' It was so nice looking i picked it up today, wanna see?'
'Sure' said Rahab, looking into the bag to see at least 5 hats at the top of the bag. 'As expected' he whispered.
'So where are you headed now, gonna join us in prontera?' Said Shoji searching his pockets 'Oh I got a note here for you somewhere.' He added still rumagging around.
'I'm not fond of prontera, too many people. I was going to travel to Payon and maybe attempt the hunter challenges.' This Stopped shoji in what he was doing. 'You serious?Yyou really want to become a hunter? You've been an archer for so long I thought you didnt want a new trainer.'
'I've thought about it for a while in the deserts, and an archer cant help others as a hunter can.' Said Rahab, 'I thought you said you had a note for me, can I see it?'
'Ahhh' muttered Shoji ' I think I lost it on the way here, but I can remember what it said,
it was something about someone who was looking for you in Prontera. She discribed you pretty well and wanted to pay you back for an apple, or was it an orange. Well she recognised our guild symbol on your shoulder and found one of us in town. So if you head back to Prontera you could find her.'
Rahab erupted into laughter 'I cant belive she actually wants to pay me back, she was so adamant about taking the damn thing. Now she feels she has to pay me back, well if you see her tell her i've gone to Payon. To take the hunters exam.'
'Ok i guess' said Shoji 'if we head up there we'll let you know by Kafka ok?'
'Sure, just make sure you get my name right. The poor girl in Comodo took ages to find me because you gave her the name Rahav!'
'Yeah well' remarked Shoji 'I just like to keep them on their toes, maybe see you in payon then.' With that the wizard pulled the large sack onto his back and travelled off towards Prontera, the sun was setting by the time Rahab had packed for travelling and the shadows had grown long as he entered the forest. Back to where he had first learnt his skills and the horrible price of failure.

not bad eh ^^

For who would lose, Though full of pain.
This interlectual being, Those thoughts that wander through eternity.
To perish rather, Swallowed up and lost.
In the wide womb of uncreated night

dRO
95/50 Hunter Rahab Tesumi

AndzRO
83/50 Crusader Rahab Tesumi

Last edited by Rahab; 02-10-2006 at 11:06 AM.
Rahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:45 PM   #2
zovanget
Follower of Spike

zovanget is on a distinguished road

My god the FAN section is booming

All this in just a weaks time pretty cool
Old 01-06-2006, 06:50 PM   #3
Storm
1337 dRO member

Storm is on a distinguished road

hmm i could write story but to much work nice going thought rahab^^
Old 01-10-2006, 09:48 PM   #4
Rahab
Master Hunter Tesumi

the forest was not a good place to travel during the day, but at night the evil in the forest awoke, moving as quickly and as silently as possible rahab headed towards a faint light, as the light grew he made it out to be a small camp. a few merchants were busy talking about the business they could do in prontera. although the fire seemed tempting rahab moved on, after a few hours the moon shone clearly through the leaves and the need to rest set in. after finding a good spot rahab pulled out his bedroll and settled down for the night, as the sun slowly rose over the forest rahab was woken by a poring that was currently trying to absorb all his arrows. a quick stab with a dagger finished off the creature and rahab started to pack away his stuff, it was another 3 hours before he stepped onto the bridge leading into the new payon. this was the 3rd payon, the first payon lies at the end of the dungeon. and the second was hidden deep into the forest. this new payon was so different that rahab was first taken aback by its size, so many people rushing about, merchants, knights, sages. so different to when he was first here, the only thing to have stayed the same was the river. its sound so familar in this alien place, as he wandered across the bridge the memories of his former home came back. throwing sticks and stones into the river, trying to ride a knight's pecopeco, catching fabre and porings in the fields. all the fun he had before setting out as an adventurer, walking through the town he headed for where the hunter guild was surposed to be. having to walk through the fields and avoid the great tiger eddga to find the entrance was a difficult task, but he finally found the way into the guild room. it seemed so wierd that a guild for the hunters of the world would be in such a dark, dank, horrid place.
'first before you can even try to become a hunter I need proof that you are an experinced archer, go into payon caves and bring me back a.......ummm the black hair of a sohee. that should be good enough proof' said the hunter trainer before ushering rahab back out of the guild room. 'what was up with her?' pondered rahab as he traveled back to payon to enter the caves above the town. the caves was where he first tested his skills....

dRO

AndzRO

Last edited by Rahab; 03-19-2006 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:07 PM   #5
Rathma
Aco of Pepp Corps

Rathma is on a distinguished road

im wrighting one, but it has none of our people in it, its all original, they may be inspired from them, but none exactly

nice job rahab^^

Striking Wolf, Kiss of the Dragon, Student of Thug
Rathma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:27 PM   #6
Kush
Novice of Spike Corps

Kush is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathma
im wrighting one, but it has none of our people in it, its all original, they may be inspired from them, but none exactly

nice job rahab^^
yeah whatever happened to the fanfic about me and alex??
Old 01-27-2006, 08:52 PM   #7
Rahab
Master Hunter Tesumi

finally written the payon caves, sorry it took so long i've been a bit busy.

Getting past the zombies and skeletons in the Payon caves were no problem, these creatures weren’t so easy when he first came here, but their slow movements allowed them to be taken out easily with practice. Even the Munaks and Bonguns weren’t as bad as people had said, now however Rahab had entered the lowest parts of the cave where the dead spirit known as the Sohee was said to exist. As he peered into the darkness sounds of battle could be heard down one of the corridors, by an ancient pillar a young knight was blocking the attacks of the Sohee while trying to offer it food. It seemed that this food enraged the spirit even more and it lashed out with its dagger at the knight, her sword falling from her hand leaving only her shield for protection. As the Sohee moved in to get past the shield an arrow found its mark, its silver tip burning the essence of the spirit. While the Sohee was confused by this new attacker the knight leapt for her sword, grabbing it from the ground and thrusting it into the spirit. Another two arrows found their mark, but the Sohee did not fall. It swung its dagger out at the knight, her shield only just managing to block its deadly blade. Pulling her sword from the spirit’s chest she swung in a downwards arc, the spirit unleashing an ungodly scream as it fell. ‘Thank you for you help’ she said sitting down and pulling out a white potion from her bag, ‘that’s no problem,’ Rahab replied ‘I came here to collect the hair from the Sohee so is it ok if I take it?’ after finishing the white potion she answered ‘of course, I have no use for it, I just don’t understand why she wouldn’t take the food. I’m sure the merchant said she liked this.’
‘Are you trying to tame her?’ asked Rahab while pulling some food out of his bag ‘from what I remember a Sohee prefers a gift than food, I think you would have to get her something to calm her spirit before she would accept you.’ She sighed before replying ‘I guess that merchant got me then, thanks for your help, Mr?’
‘Oh, the names Rahab, Rahab Tesumi. And yourself?’
‘My name, it’s……..’
Behind Rahab the clothes of the dead Sohee rose into the air, her face reappearing in the darkness. He wicked smile reflecting off her dagger. ‘Get out of here,’ she yelled ‘I can take care of her now!’ and with that she ran at the spirit, her sword bursting into flames at it struck the Sohee. As it recoiled at the attack Rahab ran towards the way he came, turning back to see the knight parry the dagger and counter attack with her shield, smashing it into the face of the creature, causing it to moan in pain. ‘GET OUT OF HERE!!’ the knight shouted while bringing her sword down on the creature. ‘Right, take this!’ cried Rahab as he threw a butterfly wing towards the girl. Grabbing his own wing he quickly waved it in the air, the powder fell from the wing causing Rahab to vanish, reappearing back at Payon archer village. It was already night and the moon was full. Although late he waited outside the cave to see if the girl would return.
The glimmering rays of the morning sun woke Rahab from an uncomfortable sleep, waiting for so long his body demanded rest and he had fallen asleep against a nearby tree. ‘I do hope she’s ok’ he thought ‘she may have returned to Payon instead of this village. My waiting here might have been pointless, but I still haven’t had a chance to thank her.’

nice eh? i'm sure one or two might guess who the mystery knight is ^^. but i bet you wont be able to guess the ending to it all ^^

dRO

AndzRO
Old 01-29-2006, 08:51 PM   #8
Rahab
Master Hunter Tesumi

new update, not to much though. slowly adding things in now.

Getting up from the hard ground he headed off towards the hunters guild, bringing the black strands of Sohee’s hair to prove his worth. ‘hmmmm, very good work. But now the real challenge begins, here’s a list of items I want you to gather.’ Said the instructor passing a piece of paper to Rahab ‘This should be a good test of your hunting skills.’
‘Where am I meant to find poisonous skin?? I’ve never even heard of it!!’
‘Ohhhh that’ replied the instructor ‘we made a deal with the assassins guild for more resources, I think they said it came from somewhere in Alberta. Best bet is to ask the assassin chief in Alberta, shouldn’t be too difficult.’
So Rahab left the hunter’s guild heading south towards the sea and the town of Alberta, Alberta was a great port town, with many ships leaving its harbour to new lands. And as Rahab got closer some of the ships masts were visible over the tree tops. Entering the town he was hit with the sounds of commerce for this was where the merchant guild was located. And many new merchants were setting out from the town to strike it rich in the wilderness, others had set up shops trying to sell their wares within the town. But walking through Alberta he could find no assassins, no one around seemed to know of the skin or where to get it. But as he turned the next corner he saw a familiar sight, the Alberta dockyard and a good friend. A crusader Apon a great peco, his helm glowing in the mid-day sun. ‘Hey Rahab, what are you doing in Alberta?’ asked the crusader, ‘I thought you had gone to Payon to become a hunter? Wandered off a bit eh?’
‘Well Cyan, I guess I must have been following your directions then, it’s the only way I could have got lost’ smirked Rahab, the crusader laughed at the remark before continuing. ‘So I guess they’ve sent you out to gather items they can’t be bothered to get themselves. What do you need to find, I might be able to help.’ With this Rahab pulled the list out of his pocket and started asking Cyan about where the items could be found. ‘Well you can get that from Lutie, but as for poisonous skin you’d have to take a boat to Amatsu.’ This left Rahab puzzled ‘where’s Amatsu? I’ve never head of it.’ Cyan now reached into his pocket and pulled out an old ticket, the words reading Amatsu pass. ‘You’ll be needing one of these tickets to go there, it’s a small island town quite a travel from here. But as I’ve been on a few trips there already you can have my ticket, besides my peco doesn’t like being on those small ships.’ Rahab said his thanks and watched Cyan ride his peco towards the edge of town, now all he needed was to board the ship headed to the new land of Amatsu.

dRO

AndzRO
Old 01-29-2006, 10:12 PM   #9
Eloron
Mage of Term Corps

Eloron is on a distinguished road

u spelled Upon wrong a couple of times but im to lazy to find it, it should be upon, not apon.
Eloron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:11 AM   #10
Jimpala
Follower of Cid

Jimpala is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloron
u spelled Upon wrong a couple of times but im to lazy to find it, it should be upon, not apon.

Obey Elo, the master of story writing O_O

>_>
Old 01-30-2006, 06:35 AM   #11
Rahab
Master Hunter Tesumi

yea it was late, in some of the earlier ones there are a few mistakes as well i've been meaning to fix. i will fix em at some point.

dRO

AndzRO
Old 03-19-2006, 08:57 PM   #12
Rahab
Master Hunter Tesumi

update: amatsu trip
The ship wasn’t a magnificent vessel, just a standard trading ship. But it was good enough for travelling across the great blue sea, as its sails flickered in the afternoon breeze groups of phens could be seen jumping from the water. The sun glittering off of their scales, it was getting dark before the island of Amatsu could be seen. The lanterns in the town giving an eerie glow in the failing light, as the ship pulled up to the harbour Rahab was given directions to the local inn and headed there in the gloom. After checking in he headed up to his room to get his hunting gear ready for the next day. ‘At least the beds are nice and soft here,’ he thought ‘better than yesterday on the hard ground at least.’ He awoke the next morning to the maid’s knocking on the door, after asking them to wait until he had gotten ready he began choosing his items for the trip into Amatsu’s wilderness. Grabbing a bunch of silver arrows and putting them into a quiver, placing a few magical fly wings into his pocket and putting his sakkat back on. He headed down for breakfast and left the maids to clean his room. ‘Any other adventurers out there today?’ Rahab asked the innkeeper, ‘only one I believe, a young knight went out there on a pecopeco. She left quite early.’ He replied ‘you heading out there to eh? You better be careful of the river spirits, even the toads out there have poisonous skin.’
‘So those must be what I have to kill to get hold of those poison skins, thank you for the information, can my room be ready when I return?’ asked Rahab ‘It shouldn’t take too long to finish my business here.’ With that he paid for his room and set out into the lower fields of Amatsu, the lovely sakura trees giving shade to monster and traveller alike. A few monsters had also gathered by the waters edge, the kapha’s fishing merrily while karakasas jumped between the bamboo shoots. It seemed such a nice scene that Rahab decided to enjoy the view a little longer.
Now daydreaming he almost didn’t hear the strange call, but whatever it was from it sounded large. Still Rahab wished to know what could make such a loud noise, and so with fly wing in hand he crept through the bushes only to find a toad, its call echoing off of the cliffs to amplify its effect. He readied a silver arrow in his bow, putting his full concentration into the shot that would take the toad down. But as he let the arrow fly the toad leaped, the killing shot hitting the leg of its target. Now the toad, aware of its attack turned towards the bush Rahab was in and started jumping towards it. There was only one thing he could do now, he placed another arrow into his bow, and pulling the bow string back as much as he could he let fly the most powerful shot he could, bowling the toad backwards and temporarily stunning it. This was the chance Rahab needed, letting as many arrows dive into the toad’s flesh before it awoke, but as the killing shot hit the toad called out with its last breath. From another bush two more toads appeared and started heading towards Rahab’s position. It seemed however that the toad’s call was a double edged sword, and at that moment a spear came crashing into one of the toads. Now in the confusion a knight on her peco came rushing into the clearing, striking at the toads with her sword she grabbed her spear with her free hand and got ready for another charge. Then from the bushes two arrows flew through the air, each hitting separate targets. Both toads now showing their backs to the knight she readied her spear again and ripped through them leaving one toad left, but before it could call out for help an arrow flew from the bush piercing through its mouth and killing it. Now that the fighting had ceased Rahab left his position in the bushes and headed over towards the knight who had saved his life, as he approached it seemed that the knight did not do well with Pecos because as she tried to dismount the peco decided to move forward, causing her to fall backwards onto the floor with a thud. ‘You should be a bit more careful there; you wouldn’t want to fall off during battle.’ Said Rahab as he collected the poisonous skins into a empty bottle
‘Say you sound familiar’ spoke the knight getting up ‘weren’t you that little archer from Payon dungeon, Rahab wasn’t it?’
‘Uhhh’ he thought back to the caves ‘wait that was you, I didn’t recognise you on a peco, what are you doing here in Amatsu??’

dRO

AndzRO
Old 04-11-2006, 07:18 PM   #13
Rahab
Master Hunter Tesumi

dont worry i am continuing this, just having thoughts about later pieces. i will get back on track tomorrow

dRO

AndzRO
Old 04-11-2006, 07:19 PM   #14
zovanget
Follower of Spike

zovanget is on a distinguished road

The fan writting section completly dies. I keep waiting for Odin to come back and finnish his.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:55 PM   #15
worldmaker51
Novice of Lohri Corps

worldmaker51 is on a distinguished road

not bad? =D

whoa people still come here O.0
worldmaker51 is offline   Reply With Quote