Go Back   Demolition and Ranting Online > General Talk > F.A.N. Section

F.A.N. Section For Anyone Nifty - Post fan submissions here

Old 11-11-2005, 01:12 PM   #1
Lohrian
Super Moderator

Lohrian will become famous soon enoughLohrian will become famous soon enough
Default History of Midgard (dRo)

Introduction

We live in an ancient world, a world that has seen kingdoms fall and new kingdoms be born, that has witnessed great wars and periods of extensive peace. A world that has lived through dark ages and eras of light and wisdom.

For many ages the bards of our society have passed on the legends and history of our ancestors, telling of their greatest deeds and deepest sorrows. Beautifull poems and songs to remember have been written by the artists of our community and would for long have been remembered if it weren't for the evilness that has fallen upon us. Now in the dark ages Tez'Roth has brought upon us we can no longer be sure weather these odes to our roots will survive. So finally after all these ages and being of age myself I have decided to write down the legends and history of our folk.

I am old and don't remember all that has been told and all that has been brought to our memories by our poets, but I will try from my memory to pass on what is worth to remember, so might our world turn to darkness, the history of our world will be kept for those that come after us. May the deeds written in these books inspire them to fight the evil of Tez'Roth, in hopes a brighter day will see the light once more...

Yours Truly,
Lohrian the Elder

My Grandfather Lohrian the Elder has decided to write a history of our world of dRo. Starting from the early ages, although the focus will be on the present times, where the war between Tez'Roth and the Resistance will change our world dramatically. I will post his new parts once in a while and will delete all comments before posting the newest part. This to keep it readable. Good comments, ideas on episodes that have occured in the past etc. will be gladly taken into consideration by my grandfather, but as this will be his life work he can't make any promises on including them.

He has started to write out of fear of losing the many many tales of our ancestors and the worls we live in. I hope you will all enjoy his work.

The first chapter will be published soon.

greetz, Loh

Comments on this history can be placed here

My first movie

I got killed by a poring!

Contact me through PM or through email at GMLohrian[at]hotmail[dot]com

Last edited by Lohrian; 11-27-2005 at 09:36 AM.
Lohrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 03:15 PM   #2
Lohrian
Super Moderator

Default Chapter I: The first coming of age

The first coming of age

My people have come from a long line of nobility that have wandered the faces of this world from the very beginning of its population by man. Most of the time we perceive it as though it were the monsters who have always tried to deny us our rightful place on Midgard, but the fact remains they were here long before we set foot on Midgard. History though is written by winners alone, and as we still are the main species on this beloved world it is us who write history in the benefit of ourselves, although this might soon change in the light of TezíRothís attack. I will tell you how man came to Midgard and our first society was formed...

When man first came to Midgard it was a rough world, a barren place full of monsters that had not yet seen any civilised live since it had first seen the light. And those who came from other places to seek a new life on Midgard, were having a hard time to survive the evil resistance lain upon them by the fierce creatures that owned the planet. Even the smaller species wandering the faces of Midgard were strong in our inexperienced eyes. Chaos both reined the lands we lived and the days that passed, forcing us to stay close to the shelters of the city and only go out to those places where the weakest and friendliest of all creatures lived.

While the days passed by, everyone was slowly getting stronger, it finally started to look like we were approaching some freedom and would in the end gain control over Midgard. My grand father Lohrian, who was known by the name of Lohrian the Brave and who was the first off our family to set foot on Midgard, had managed to become a swordsman, and although our family has always suited more as archers he did managed to survive. Not long after though our society was completely wiped off the faces of Midgard and monsters gained full control once again. It must have been the Gods that had decided against our people, and that left our dream of a wonderful Midgard in ruins. The ruins in the desert of Morroc originate from these first settlements, build by our grand fathers.

Man though was not willing to give up and together with his uncle Seoman the Devote my father Lohrian the Hermit joined a new expedition for Midgard to try and build up a society. This time the King of our previous world decided to send his son Tristan the Second along to server us as our King on Midgard. As the people who came before them, they had a very hard time but they managed to survive. Lohrian soon disappeared in the forest, he became an archer and was happy to wander through the forests hunting where ever he could. And Seoman tried to follow the footsteps of his brother and became a swordsman. Both didnít play a big part in society as a whole though, as they both preferred to live on their own not bothered by the intrusion that slowly started to make part of daily life.

Soon after the second arrival in Midgard some people started to form factions, opposing each other, and all would soon end in an internal war. Even though Midgard was overwhelmed with many useful items and resources people started to fight over the rare things that were hard to find, and of which some items were only found in the castles and their dungeons. A group of people started to form the first guild, the order we till the present times have organised our society in. The Minions of Mordor they called themselves, after the place in their Old World they all originated from, and soon they started to claim castles for themselves. As a reaction to their arrogance a man named Wraith started The Chaos Legion to resist the forces of MoM. Many legends that still are told in our worlds today originate in The Chaos Legion, legendary names as Falcon, who then still was very young, Drake who was not yet ready to be a leader himself and Seri also joined the forces of TLC. And King Tristan who lacked the soldiers to make an end to the fighting amongst his people decided not to intervene as long as they recognised him as their King, even though the true power was amongst the guilds.

And because Tristan refused to interfere other guilds started to see the light. Thus the Order of VP was founded by Zero the Fierce, RealMz, Ouzzi, Sampyla and some others that appointed Zero as their primus inter parus. Crimson Elite was started by Darkhawk and soon the faithful gathered in the guild The Knights of the Goddess led by Rasseru. But the biggest impact of all had a man named Luca Blight. The weird thing being he wasnít a leader, didnít start his own guild, but very soon after the creation of the Guardians of Midgard he joined this guild started by Preman Pasar. Preman led the guild, but Luca without doubt was the most feared and without doubt the face of the Guardians of Midgard and together they quickly took control of the entire world. Out of the twenty castles in Midgard soon 11 belonged to him and their guild. And if Luca didnít want anything to happen it was hard to get it done. His will was law and although other guilds like CE, TCL and OVP fought them fiercely they could hardly keep a castle without his consent. Tristan was still King, but only with the consent of the Guardians of Midgard, for he lacked the power to take on Luca. And although during certain periods the wars would be hard and bloody, society met its first era of relative peace. For the first time large areas of Midgard were controlled by men.

My first movie

Last edited by Lohrian; 11-27-2005 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:55 AM   #3
Lohrian
Super Moderator

Default Chapter II: Reign of the Guardians of Midgard

Reign of the Guardians of Midgard

My father has never been part of the reign of GoM in that respect that he never formed part of the Guardians of Midgar nor of one of itís allies or foes, but still my father spoke with respect about Luca and his fellow Guardians. Never had he been bothered by the Guardians nor any of their allies and peace was all around for those who didnít participate in the wars of Preman, Luca and his foes. Times have changed..., I know. Times have changed dramatically as for once I can tell you, even before it will happen, that this time there will be no independency, nor peace for those who wish to stay neutral. Itís an illusion, given by our wishful thoughts to remain neutral, that we might think we could stay out of this. But neutral or foe, it doesnít matter, no one will be able to stay out of war this time. The wars of TezíRoth will affect us all for those who are not with him are against him. My father had a lot of respect for Luca, cause Luca had a lot of respect for those that wished to stay on the sidelines. If you didnít bother Luca or the Guardians, then nor would he bother you. But I know my father would have had no respect at all for TezíRoth and his temple forces for they lack respect for life itself! So in the spirit of my father and of all my family I will resist the forces of TezíRoth till my last breath. May the resistance prevail!

As the Guardians of Midgard ruled with all their forces over the world of Midgar they were gaining strength at a pace beyond imagination by the other guilds, and soon they felt something had to change would they ever prevail over Luca and his fellow warriors. So finally after some years of fierce battle, as much amongst each other as against the Guardians, the guild leaders realised it was all in their own hands if they would lose track of GoM forever or if they would start to gain strength at the same pace as this yet legendary guild.

In a cunning plan that has yet to be equalled in its political cleverness the guild leaders set of to talk to Tristan. They convinced him that if he wouldnít put a stop to the Guardians of Midgard soon the entire control Midgard would fall into GoMís hands and the King himself would be brought down by Luca and his legendary sword. As this was exactly what Tristan had long feared would happen, the guild leaders knew he would act. And so happened. Finally Tristan found the strength he had long lacked and acted as the true King we have all gotten to know from the many stories of his brave intervention. Tristan immediately founded the United Nations of Midgard and carefully selected a few citizens of his world to lead the organisation. He had carefully selected each of them for the sole reason that he knew he could trust them, and so he gave them extra powers to be able to control Luca in the event he and Preman might consider a coup against him. As head of the UNM he appointed Twin-x, and soon Sephiroth and Spike were selected to serve within the organisation. Smart as they were they knew they had to put a stop to the excessive growing of powers of the Guardians of Midgard, so as their first act they made a law that allowed each guild to control no more then five castles at any given time. As may be clear to all it most affected on the Guardians of Midgard who had to give up six of their castles.

Still the other guild leaders knew GoM could give them too much trouble if they kept on quibbling amongst eachother, so they decided to form an alliance and stand together against Preman Pasar, Luca Blight, their knight Leonardo and their strong assassin X-plode. The Guardians in reaction knew they would have a hard time if everyone stood against them. Soon they formed an alliance with the newly born guild created by the young and still inexperienced Turelus Valentine, The Faithless, soon to be both hated and feared. And thus were formed two alliances, the Axis alliance of GoM and the Faithless and the Alliance formed by OVP, the Sweet Gent Maffia that had taken over the old remains of the yet fallen guild of The Chaos Legion, Hell on Earth which was started by the newly arrived Phoenix and ANBU that was founded by Sanada. Thus starting the first war of the Alliances.

My first movie

Old 11-27-2005, 11:39 AM   #4
Eloron
Mage of Term Corps

Eloron is on a distinguished road

u made some mistakes, OFF not of and Midgard not midgar.
Eloron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 12:20 PM   #5
Shadow
Champion of Spike Corps

Shadow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloron
u made some mistakes, OFF not of and Midgard not midgar.
say this in the comment area! soon our post will get deleted
Old 11-27-2005, 12:23 PM   #6
Lohrian
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Some people just never get it, but i took notice of it. I never re-read it till after a few days though, and then I edit out the errors. So it will get to be ok Elo, but thanx

My first movie

Old 11-27-2005, 01:03 PM   #7
Rathma
Aco of Pepp Corps

Rathma is on a distinguished road

nice work loh, but i have a question, is this all gonna be a naration type thing(like from a outer perspective) is there gonna be any actull dialog, fight scenes from the char. perspective, or is this all gonna be from a bystanderds PoV...
either way good work /no1

Striking Wolf, Kiss of the Dragon, Student of Thug
Rathma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 01:09 PM   #8
Lohrian
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathma
nice work loh, but i have a question, is this all gonna be a naration type thing(like from a outer perspective) is there gonna be any actull dialog, fight scenes from the char. perspective, or is this all gonna be from a bystanderds PoV...
either way good work /no1
It's all gonna be naration type. The story is told by an old man, Lohrian the Elder who has lived through these things and and tells the story to pass it on. So see it like an old man sitting by the fire place telling about the old ages

My first movie

Old 11-27-2005, 05:53 PM   #9
Eloron
Mage of Term Corps

would I be in it>.>?
Old 11-27-2005, 05:54 PM   #10
Eloron
Mage of Term Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
I was in a rush only hda 2 minutes before i had to go, plus yeah..i was in a huge rush so i couldn't get it down to the comments area shady.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:24 PM   #11
Rahab
Master Hunter Tesumi

Rahab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloron
would I be in it>.>?
havent you asked that before?? i think the main guild leaders will be in it, besides to appear in this you have to put your name to something, you ever done something really big? like leading a team into the dephs of an infested geffen and slaughter every demonic tezroth minion??? it'll have to be something really big to become engraved into history
and i dont think you have, cos i'd remember ^^. Yo Loh, i bet i cant get the randy panda mentioned in your history, but i wish i could. shame the glory always goes to the leaders ^^.

For who would lose, Though full of pain.
This interlectual being, Those thoughts that wander through eternity.
To perish rather, Swallowed up and lost.
In the wide womb of uncreated night

dRO
95/50 Hunter Rahab Tesumi

AndzRO
83/50 Crusader Rahab Tesumi
Rahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 07:01 PM   #12
Eloron
Mage of Term Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahab
havent you asked that before?? i think the main guild leaders will be in it, besides to appear in this you have to put your name to something, you ever done something really big? like leading a team into the dephs of an infested geffen and slaughter every demonic tezroth minion??? it'll have to be something really big to become engraved into history
and i dont think you have, cos i'd remember ^^. Yo Loh, i bet i cant get the randy panda mentioned in your history, but i wish i could. shame the glory always goes to the leaders ^^.
no..i just asked that and i haven't asked before..i don't think
Old 11-27-2005, 07:21 PM   #13
Rahab
Master Hunter Tesumi

Rahab is on a distinguished road

well if all this will be deleted when loh rights the next one, who likes my sigs?

For who would lose, Though full of pain.
This interlectual being, Those thoughts that wander through eternity.
To perish rather, Swallowed up and lost.
In the wide womb of uncreated night

dRO
95/50 Hunter Rahab Tesumi

AndzRO
83/50 Crusader Rahab Tesumi
Rahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 09:36 PM   #14
Eloron
Mage of Term Corps

its...unique and great ^^
Old 11-28-2005, 03:18 AM   #15
Lohrian
Super Moderator

It is not going to be only about the leaders, other people will be in it as well, but I don't know everyones personal history on dRo, so the closer we get to the present day the more people will take part in the story.

See it as similar to regular history. Of the last 10 years you will remember a lot more people then from centuries ago. If you look at Roman and Greek history who do we remember? Only the leaders and the people that played in important part.

My first movie