Demolition and Ranting Online  

Go Back   Demolition and Ranting Online > General Talk > F.A.N. Section

F.A.N. Section For Anyone Nifty - Post fan submissions here

Old 01-05-2006, 05:59 AM   #1
Turelus
Sage of Term Corps

Turelus is on a distinguished road
Post Tales of the Faithless [STORY]

First of all I would like to say thanks to Spike for opening this section of the forum for all of us don't worry man we will have it packed with all our works of genius soon enough.

Okay this thread is just for my story so please DON'T post in this thread! That way I can just add updates as new posts and you can just read the story without other posts getting in your way.

The discussion thread for this fan fiction is located here

~ 05/01/06 ~
Added everything that had been posted in the off topic section.

~ 07/01/06 ~
Added latest update and rewrote the fight with Cloud to add some more character. left you with another awesome cliffhanger as well

~ 09/01/06 ~
Another update, thistime an awesome flashback and battle.

Last edited by Turelus; 01-09-2006 at 12:38 PM.
Turelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 06:08 AM   #2
Turelus
Sage of Term Corps

The spring breeze blew calmly through the trees of the Archer Village the gentle trickle of the nearby streams and the song birds in the tree’s creating a peaceful scene. Laying in the shade of one the tree’s near the lake was a young wizard enjoying the spring breeze and calm surroundings, he made sigh and pulled the brim of his hat down to shade his eyes from the warm evening sun beating down on his face. Soon all this would end the peaceful life he had been living for the past year would be over and once again he would be in the capital fighting for the honour a new Guild. His thoughts were cut short as be become aware of the sound of footsteps on the gravel path to the side of him.
“Shoji… We have the approval we need; we’ll be heading back to Prontera in the morning” Shoji opened his eyes and looked up at his friend, Turelus Valentine leader of the Faithless guild, once ranked among the top five Crusaders in the realm he was a feared and honoured fighter… until that day, that dark day one year ago when their lives were changed forever.
“You still think about her don’t you?” Shoji spoke softly but he knew the words would hurt no matter how he said them.
“All I have is memories… and what use are memories if they can’t bring you happiness?” Turelus didn’t turn to look at his friend as he answered he continued gazing across the lake, his long hair moving gently with the cool spring breeze.
Shoji slowly stood up and moved next to his friend, he placed his hand on Turelus’ Shoulder and spoke in the same soft tone as before.
“Don’t let her memories haunt you, she would not of wanted it that way” Shoji removed his hand and began to walk down the gravel path towards the Inn.
“I guess I better get packing if you’re insisting that we leave in the morning”
“Shoji…” Shoji turned his head to look over his shoulder; Turelus’ head was bowed looking at something in his hand “Thank you…” Shoji smiled and continued walking down the gravel path.

The morning sun shun through the thin curtains in Turelus’ room, the you Crusader was already up and putting his equipment on after he fastening the straps on his shin guards he picked his sword and shield up and walked outside. Shoji was already outside waiting to go.
“I thought you would sleep all day” Shoji smirked as he teased his friend and tossed and apple to him, Turelus catching the apple and placing it in his belt pouch began to speak
“Thanks, the trip will be long but we should make it there by sundown if we keep a good pace” Shoji gave his friend an acknowledging nod and they started down the long path to the capital and their new futures.

The days sunlight had almost run out when the two travellers reached the capital as they walked through the great arches in the cities wall they were once again in amazement of its beauty, even in the dim sunlight the grand castles of the cities leaders were visible to the north and the sparkling water of the towns centrepiece was illuminated in the suns golden glow.
Shoji was the first of the two to speak, still in amazement of the city’s beauty.
“I’m going to head to the Kafra bank before they close and drop off some of this junk we picked up on the way” With that Shoji picked walked off still looking around at the huge buildings and market stalls that the late night merchants had set up.
Turelus’ gaze was still focused on the castles in the north, the biggest of them Lazreagues that’s where he would be sitting on his throne gloating over recent victories and enjoying a luxurious life, one built on the pain and loss of others.
Turelus broke his gaze and looked down at the floor and the small droplets of water that splashed fell to the floor.
“It’s good to see you still have feelings” Turelus drew his sword and span to face this new threat but was startled to see no one around him.
“Who’s there? What do you want with me?” Turelus was still looking around his hand tight on the hilt of his sword ready to swing if need be.
“You don’t need your sword around me any more Turelus, I think I have enough scars from you” The voice came from a balcony above the young Crusaders head, from the shadows a figure emerged dressed in the unmistakable garments of an Assassin Cross, the most elite of the assassins of Rune Midgard they were an opponent to be feared by all.
“Shadow…” Turelus relaxed and sheathed his sword “I doubt this sword would have beaten you any way”
“You give yourself far too little credit; I don’t believe either of us ever bested the other in battle” Shadow lent back on the wall next to him and looked to the castles in the north “You back for the guild wars then? Or is it something more personal than that?” Shadows voice was like a breeze in the night calming but cold, he was never one to let his emotions get the best of him, a fearless and honourable warrior who never lost his cool in a battle. He was the respected leader of Pandanation an oddly named but high ranked guild.
“I’m here under a contract, I meet my contractor tomorrow” Turelus looked up to Lazreagues again and clenched his fist “What about you…” Turelus ask turning his attention back to the balcony only to find it empty, he sighed and took one last look at the castles in north before heading for the Inn.

~~~~~

The castle of Lazreagues was the biggest of Prontera’s guild owned castles, and has always been considered the biggest prize in the wars, the guild who held it would gain great prestige and power within Rune Midgard. For the past two years the castle has been held by The Dynasty of VP the mightiest of guilds to ever compete in the wars. As other guilds gained enough prestige and power they would try to challenge the throne of Lazreagues but all those who have ever tried to stand against VP and claim the castle for their own have been beaten down with power that is almost equal to that of the Gods themselves.
The young High Priest walked into the throne room of the castle, he waked calmly and proudly to the throne and knelt down before it.
“My lord I bring you news” He spoke with a calm yet serious tone.
The man he addressed was Zero Blight Leader of the Dynasty of VP, He was considered to be the most powerful man in all of Rune Midgard and he deserved that title he had never lost a fight in his life and commanded a power that other guilds could only dream of.
“Rise Karu, tell me what new you so late” even Zero’s voice was one of power and confidence, he did not know loss or failure nothing in the world was out of his reach.
“We have reports saying that Turelus and Shoji are back in the capital, and are planning to join a new guild” Karu still spoke in the same calm yet serios tone as he had before.
“What is the name of this guild, and who is its leader?” Zero’s face was stern and emotionless like Shadow he too never gave his emotions away knowing them as a weakness in battle.
“The guild goes by the name of the Forgotten Elites, and their leader has yet to show his identity”
Old 01-05-2006, 06:09 AM   #3
Turelus
Sage of Term Corps

~~~~~

Turelus waked down the old wooden stairs of the inn and entered the small café in one of the downstairs rooms Shoji was already awake and eating breakfast. Noticing Turelus’ entrance into the room he spoke up “Good morning, I thought you were going to sleep all day” Shoji smirked and motioned for his friend to come and sit with him and continued to speak once Turelus had sat down “Do you want anything to eat? The carrot cake is pretty good”
“No I’m fine I’ll get something in Izlude later” Turelus looked up from the menu he had been examining and turned to look out the window. “What will you do today while I’m in the meeting?”
“Sho…” Shoji stopped to swallow a large piece of carrot cake before continuing “Shop around the city I guess, want me to buy you anything?” Turelus turned back to his friend and smiled.
“The last time I let you buy me anything I walked around Alberta in a pink hat for the whole day” Shoji stopped wiping his mouth with a napkin and just looked at his friend before they both broke out into laughter, after they had both settled down Turelus pushed his chair back and stood up.
“I best be heading off, I best not keep our employer waiting” He gave a slight nod to Shoji and left the inn.

Last edited by Turelus; 01-06-2006 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:34 PM   #4
Turelus
Sage of Term Corps

Turelus arrived in Izlude after a twenty minuet walk from the capital, as he crossed the bridges that lead into the small town he stopped to look at the swordsman training hall on the other side of the river. It seemed so long ago that he had entered that building with dreams of becoming a famous swordsman like the great hero Luca Blight. He looked down into the river at his reflection and scowled.
“When have dreams ever come true for me…?” He took hold of the chain around his neck and looked at the ring that hung on it “It’s because of me your not here I should never have asked you to come with me…” tears began to run down his face and splashed in the calm water of the river below.
After a few minuets Turelus stood and looked to the castles in the north with a look of determination on his face holding the chained ring in his hand he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, Opening his eyes he spun around and headed for the east side of town where he would meet his new employer. When he arrived at the address he had been given he found himself in front of an old rundown hotel the windows were boarded up and the door closed, carefully Turelus opened the door and stepped inside. Before he was even through the door a sword came out of no where striking his shoulder hard and pushing him off balance, raising his shield by instinct he was able to block the next lighting fast attack and gain the time needed to draw his flamberge and brace for the next attack and block it with his shield as soon as he deflected the blow he took his chance to swing and lunged towards with his sword only to have the attack blocked by his opponents blade. Both swords halting mid swing it was now down to a contest of strength to so who could hold back the others force longer.
This gave Turelus the chance he needed to examine his opponent, the man he thought against was young knight with blonde hair and confidence in his eyes, who ever he was he had been trained well in the art of swordsmanship.
“Is this all you can manage? And to think the boss actually speaks highly of you, your weak Turelus and I will prove that now” The knight gave a cocky grin and put more pressure on his sword.
“I would know more about my opponent before I annihilate him what’s your name rookie?” Turelus gave back the same cocky grin and applied a balancing amount of pressure to his sword. The Knights face went red with anger as he yelled back.
“Rookie? The names Cloud and I have more skill than you ever will and I will end you now!” The Knight put all the strength he had into pushing his sword against Turelus’
“Hah! I believe those are my words rookie, this fight was mine to start with” Turelus used all his strength and broke the knight’s stance causing the knight to stumble back and drop his guard, Turelus taking full advantage of this swung his sword at full power bashing the Knight in the chest and making him drop to the floor gasping for air.
”Your boss is the one I’m here to meet I presume, and he must be some one who knows me well if he speaks so highly of me” Turelus spoke while he sheathed his sword.
“Indeed I am Turelus, Your skills are as impressive as ever, it seems I was right to hire you after all” Turelus turned around to see a Lord Knight dressed in green plate mail armour leaning against the wall smoking and clapping his gauntlets together at the Crusaders victory.
“CID!” Turelus’ eyes widened in disbelief, Cid Highwind the most elite officer of the now disbanded Crimson Elite guild idolised by almost every knight in the realms for his dashing good looks and flawless mastery of spear type weapons, after Crimson Elite disbanded he had battled along side Turelus for a short time under the banner of the Faithless but after their failed assault on Lazreagues he had join with Zero as a high ranked member of the Dynasty of VP.
“You look surprised to see me, Take a seat we have a lot to talk about” Cid grinned and motioned for Turelus to take a seat on one of the chairs opposite a huge desk/
”To tell the truth I am, I thought I would be fighting against you in this war not under you, what happened to your position as co leader of VP?” Turelus questioned the knight as he walked to the chair and sat down, the night in turn went to the seat on the other side of the desk and sitting down put his feet up on the desk enabling him to lean back in the chair.
“Lets just say me and Zero had a few misunderstandings all you need to know now is that I am the one who hired you and if you still willing, I want your help in bringing that asshole Zero and his damn guild crashing down” Cid blew out a huge puff of smoke as he spoke and made sure to pay extra effort in his description of Zero.
“Must have been one hell of a misunderstanding, but you know what Zero has taken from me and my feelings towards him for it, if your goal leads to his downfall then you have my sword” Turelus spoke coldly and it was obvious to all those in the room the hatred the young crusader had for the mighty guild leader. Cloud who had now regained his breath and was leant up against the wall clutching his ribs spoke up for the first time since the end of the duel.
“You will need attacks far better than what you just hit me with if you plan on beating Zero, I have seen him fight with my own eyes and not one of his six opponents could even lay a blow on him! In combat that man is like a ghost nothing seems to touch him”
“I’m afraid he is right Turelus I don’t know what that son of a bitch did but he is way out of our league! At least for the time being” Cid flicked the butt of his now exhausted cigarette onto the floor before standing up and turning to face the large blackboard behind his desk crossing his arm behind his back he began to brief Turelus on recent history.
“The wars are very different from the ones you fought in with me one year ago; they are infested with new idiot guilds that have no knowledge of how to fight with honour or pride, and run by leaders who don’t even know how to tie their own shoes! But a few of the older guilds stand strong and continue to fight in the old ways. As you well know to challenge Zero a guild must gain enough prestige in the wars from victories and acts of honour, currently there is only one guild with enough prestige to challenge Zero” Turelus studied the cape on Cids back that held the once proud symbol of the Crimson Elite guild, although old and faded the symbol still stood strong even if it was a little more green than it use to be. Smiling at the thought of Cid still holding true to his old guild after all this time he asked the question that needed to be asked.
“Which guild, who has the prestige needed?” Cid turned back to face Turelus with an amused look on his face.
“They are an old rival of yours if I remember, the guild that currently has enough prestige to challenge Zero and now ranked number two in the wars is…”
Old 01-09-2006, 12:36 PM   #5
Turelus
Sage of Term Corps

“They are an old rival of yours if I remember, the guild that currently has enough prestige to challenge Zero and now ranked number two in the wars is Pandanation”
“Shadow…” Turelus looked down at the desk in front of him in deep thought “can Shadow beat Zero?” Turelus looked up at Cid with concern in his eyes.
“I doubt it; he is strong but still has a lot to learn. You’re concerned about his welfare I though the two of you were bitter rivals.” Cid looked puzzled but shrugging it off he lit another cigarette and sat back down in his chair to await Turelus’ well thought about response after a few quiet seconds Turelus spoke.
“We were, just over a year ago I would have done anything thing to beat the living crap out of him and his guild, but that day” Turelus stopped closing his eyes he took a deep breath, exhaling he looked down at the ring that hung around his neck and continued “The day we assaulted Lazreagues I lost everything, I had ordered every one to fight till their last breath and we did members from both guilds laid uncontios bloody and beaten all over the castle. A small group of us made it to the throne room where Zero was waiting I remember it as though it happened only yesterday.”

~~~~~
The small group burst through the doors of the throne room with their weapons at the ready, looking ahead Turelus saw Zero sat on his throne with the most Elite members of VP beside him. Karu a noble priest who knew no other loyalty than that to his oldest friend. Storm a hot headed monk who could down his opponents in the blink of an eye with his lighting fast fists, and finally Eloron a mighty crusader who many saw as Zero’s successor, he was an excellent tactician and knew how to turn a fight to his favour at any time.
“At last you appear, I was beginning to worry you had lost to my guards outside” Zero grinned and leaned back in his throne. Turelus and his companions lowered there guard and walked closer to the throne.
“Were here to end your rule Zero, we have the prestige needed to challenge you and that’s what were here to do” Turelus spoke with an unfaltering confidence but his face soon turned to one of anger as Zero began a mocking laugh.
“Turelus your are a fool if you think you have the skill to beat me, feel free to fight me but know that I will destroy your life today!” Zero words and tone sent a shiver down Turelus spine and he froze ‘I will destroy your life today’ why did these words paralyse him with fear so much did these words uttered by his enemy hold a truth he could not foresee? Turelus snapped back to reality feeling some one grasping his hand in theirs looking beside him he saw Riku looking up at him with passionate eyes, grasping his hand tighter she smiled at him reassuring him of his position. Turelus nodded to her in thanks and turned back to Zero.
“Your words speak only of what will happen to you Zero! Draw your sword and lets end this!” Turelus grinned with confidence as he readied for combat.
“Fine have it your way fool” Zero stood up as Eloron and Karu who had been either side of him handed him his sword and shield. Taking a step back and bracing his shield in defence Turelus waiting for Zero to make the first move.
“Starting on the defensive is a fool’s tactic!” Zero smiled as he rushed forward with his sword primed for the first swing. Shoji and Karu had both stepped back and began chanting for their opening spells, While Cyan and Riku rushed forward at their opponents, Cyan’s blade instantly connected with Eloron’s and the two fast swinging crusaders instantly went into a frenzy of lightning fast attacks against each other. Riku opened the fight against Storm with a lightning fast flurry of Katar attacks forcing the monk to take the defensive. By now Turelus and Zero were engaged in combat With Turelus still taking the Defensive line using his shield to block any attacks that Zero attempted to make, planning carefully Turelus was able to deflect one of Zero’s blows leaving the Crusader open to a swift counter attack, as Zero stumbled back trying to regain his stance Turelus swung his sword striking Zero in the right arm. Flinching slightly Zero regained his stance and rushed forward to strike at Turelus but was stopped but the sudden appearance of a wall of fire, swearing in frustration Zero braced himself and dived through the wall to get at Turelus who was waiting behind it eager to continue the fight. Eloron who had been in a frenzy with Cyan’s sword blows was now awaiting his moment to turn the battle to his favour, the chance came sooner than expected as once Cyan’s blows faltered and left Eloron with a chance to strike, Hitting Cyan hard in the right arm forcing the Crusader to drop his weapon and flitch. Eloron let his guard down as broke into laughter at his disabled opponent but was repaid harshly for the insult by Cyan’s shield striking him hard in the head knocking the young crusader out cold. Cyan attempted to pick up his sword but was forced to drop it again. Although beaten Eloron had done enough damage to keep Cyan out of the fight, cursing Cyan slumped to the floor and lent against one of the nearby pillars.
Storm cursed in annoyance as his fist missed its target again.
“Stop hiding you stupid bitch! Your dead when I get hold of you!” Storm looked about franticly trying to spot her attacker before she stuck but once again failing to do so took several fast Katar shots to the back.
“Karu you idiot get over here and help!” Storm yelled to Karu who acknowledged with annoyance and turned his focus onto Storms fight casting a spell that foced the young Assassin to come out of hiding in a shriek of pain, Storm quickly capitalised on this striking Riku hard with one of his punches that sent her sprawling across the floor sobbing with pain. Storm moved over to the Assassin and stood above her drawing his fist back ready to deliver the final blow when the room was filled with a flash of light and a sudden cold that froze storm in a solid block of ice.
Karu realising what had just happened span around to see Shoji once again in deep concentration reciting the words for his next spell, Noticing that Shoji was already close to finishing Karu quickly closed his eyes and began to recite a spell of his own. Finishing before Shoji Karu smirked at the shock on the young wizards face as he noticed he was no longer able to speak.
“That’s enough words from your mouth master wizard” annoyed at Karu’s mocking words Shoji rushed forwards at the priest to strike with his staff. “STOP!” as Karu said the word Shoji found himself paralysed now unable to speak or move now, Karu giving a cocky grin and blown kiss to the Wizard turned his attention back to the two guild masters still striking away at each other.
By now Turelus’ stamina was beginning to give out he knew that we was not suited for long lasted battles like Zero and had hoped his speedy attacks and counter blows would have been enough to down the Crusader before the battle got to a point in which he could not fight.
“Your attacks are slowing Turelus, don’t tell me your getting tired already” Zero mocked Turelus openly trying to provoke him into making a mistake but Turelus ignored the comments and continues to battle on, once again managing to use his shield to deflect an attack strong enough to make Zero lose his stance again Turelus swung at him with two lighting fast attacks in the shape of an upside down cross. Both strikes gave off a flash of light that blinded Zero giving Turelus a second chance at an attack swinging with all his strength he went for a knock out blow but before his attack could hit Zero it was stopped by a shield of divine energy that shattered Turelus’ sword and sent him flying back landing helpless on the floor. Regaining his sight Zero looked at Karu in amazement.
“Kyrie Eleison!” Zero grinned and slowly walked over to Turelus who was struggling to get up, Zero kicked the struggling crusader in the chest knocking him back down.
“I said I would destroy your life today Turelus and I intend to do just that” Zero dropped his shield and grasped his sword with both hand holding it above his head he turned the shining metal blade downwards to face Turelus. Turelus shut his eyes not wanting to view what was about to happen but opened them again quickly as he heard a female voice cry out in pain.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:28 PM   #6
Turelus
Sage of Term Corps

~~~~~
Turelus stopped, feeling the salty drops of water running down his cheeks he looked down to the floor and closed his eyes.
“I said I would always protect her... I made a promise to Sonic I would keep her safe and I failed them both” Turelus heard the chair where Cid had been sat scrape across the floor and then seconds later a hand come to rest on his shoulder. He looked up at the Lord Knight as Cid began to speak.
“It was not your fault Turelus, Zero has taken much from all of us and it’s about time he paid for that” Turelus closed his eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again and giving Cid a nod of acknowledgment.
“So how the hell does that story explain how you and Shadow are friends? All I got from it is that you were stupid enough to get you ass kicked by Zer...” Cloud was cut off mid-sentence by a spear flying past him only just missing his head and sticking in the wall behind him shocked that his own guild master had just hurled a spear at him Cloud snapped back at Cid “Jeez boss you almost took my damn head off with that thing what the hell do you think your playing at?”
Turelus burst out laughing at the two friends who were close to coming to blows and butted in before it got that far.
“It’s easy Cloud, Shadow and Pandanation were the ones who carried us out of the castle and took care of us in Payon while we recovered.” He put his hand on Cid shoulder and nodded to him to let him know Cloud had caused no offence.
“Cid do you have some where I can freshen up before I make my way back to Prontera?” Cid turned to him and smiled, before walking over to the wall and retreating his spear.
“Yeah there is a rest room down the corridor and to the right, you can’t miss it.” Turelus began to walk away but was stopped when Cid spoke again.
“Its getting late, would you like to stay for some food before you head back?”
Turelus gave a cocky grin as he gave his reply “Hmm are you sure it’s safe to eat something you cooked?”
Cid smirked and shook his fist at the Crusader and responded cockily
“I’m not the one cooking so it looks like you have no excuse but to stay”
The two looked at each other before laughing and Turelus waked off down the corridor.

When Turelus returned Cid and Cloud were already sat down around the table waiting for their food, Cid arouse from his chair and nodded at a young women who was bringing in a tray of food. Turelus was stunned at the beauty of the young woman and was unable to do anything but stare as she walked across the room and placed the tray on the table. He was snapped back to reality by Cid’s voice
“Jade this is my friend I was telling you about, Jade this is Turelus, Turelus this is Jade” the young girl smiled and extended her hand “It’s an honour to finally meet you Mr Valentine” Turelus looked upon the young woman and smiled.
“The honour is mine Milady” as he took her hand and knelt to kiss it.

This will be the final part of this story I'm afraid if you wish to know more please check my discussion thread.