Demolition and Ranting Online  

Go Back   Demolition and Ranting Online > Gaming > Ragnarok Online 2

Ragnarok Online 2 Well the most anticipating game of the century!

Old 01-17-2008, 04:02 AM   #16
Rasseru
Asura Poring!

Rasseru is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Ra View Post
If I knew how, I could actually set up a server here at my school. The speeds here are astronomical - and I'm just one of the students. Students get discounts for servers through our system, so the speed there would be even higher + cheaper. I wouldn't even know where to begin to get a private server going though; so thats nothing more than a dream.
Then you will get kick out of the school. When the school's IT guy finds out... Your hosting a game.... that you have no rights for it. Also I know School's speed is astronomical when no one is using it. Its very slow and busy from 10:00 am to high point at Noon till 5:00 pm. That because of the Computer Classes, Library, Student Wi-Fi, Student Lounge, and etc.

And if people stay at the school at night... They maybe be hosting like Halo 3, FFPG games, Online games, etc... Schools are bad for Mass Players Gaming hosting like any MMORPG. Look how many member who play Dro in a days time. There would be bad laging on a newer MMORPG games with that many people who would play it.

You think laging was bad when it happen on dro? It would be worst at your schools network.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:50 PM   #17
Chaos Ra
Quad Ranked! Super cool!

Chaos Ra is on a distinguished road

lol, Rasseru, you have no idea what your talking about.

First of all, my school is known to have one of the fastest internet speeds in the world (within the top 10). Second of all, I would be buying rights to a part of the commercial server. They wouldn't be able to kick me out of school even if I did get caught doing illegal activities with it. Third, the commercial servers that my University runs are separate from the servers students are on, so payloads from students in class are null. Fourth of all, my University is one of the main internet access Hubs in the United States, and they manage just fine to hold the payload of many corporations, I doubt that a small private server the size of dRO (higher graphics or not) would even put the smallest dent in the payload.

All in all, your wrong. You are comparing an average lowly college to my University, and it isn't a fair comparison in the least. I could go on but...

"He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat."
-Napoleon Bonaparte
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
-Napoleon Bonaparte
"Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat."
-John Lehman
Chaos Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:30 PM   #18
Rasseru
Asura Poring!

Rasseru is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Ra View Post
lol, Rasseru, you have no idea what your talking about.

First of all, my school is known to have one of the fastest internet speeds in the world (within the top 10). Second of all, I would be buying rights to a part of the commercial server. They wouldn't be able to kick me out of school even if I did get caught doing illegal activities with it. Third, the commercial servers that my University runs are separate from the servers students are on, so payloads from students in class are null. Fourth of all, my University is one of the main internet access Hubs in the United States, and they manage just fine to hold the payload of many corporations, I doubt that a small private server the size of dRO (higher graphics or not) would even put the smallest dent in the payload.

All in all, your wrong. You are comparing an average lowly college to my University, and it isn't a fair comparison in the least. I could go on but...
I goto a top State University... I seen them shut down some student's private servers before... Even that if it is separated? They are still hosting on University Grounds and can be charged. They also arrested pirates, hackers, and people who file swapping on my campus... The also had to boost security when the University Servers was hacked. So my University cares about illegal activities with students... But we still can have fun at wild campus parties... Also buying rights any good games are not easy to get. You look up the cost for the rights for any the good MMORPG. Most college students wouldn't be able to buy any rights because of the cost. So that why many get a hack or download illegal copy. In Texas the FBI even came to a University and shut down some private servers that students was hosting some MMORPG games...

My question to you is.... What kind of screw up University you goto that won't kick out people doing illegal activities on the internet or whatever?